Tuesday 5 February 2013

Welcome

Being a caregiver is one of the most stressful, frustrating and rewarding things one can do for a loved one or friend. I am currently caring for my beloved husband of 18 years and a friend who is in long-term care.  I decided to become an holistic practitioner after caring for my mother who passed away from cancer.  Personally, I am still learning new things and am trying to navigate separate and diverse systems to aid both myself and my loved ones. Part of what I have been having to learn about is taxes (always fun), support systems for my husband and myself (not usually in one spot), finances (who doesn't wonder where the money went and where it's going), diseases, nursing  and nutrition (all sorts of contradictory info out there).

What I hope to do with this blog is to share what I have learned (and am learning) about caring for oneself whilst caring for others from a holistic perspective. I'll be covering things like aromatherapy, reflexology, nutrition, exercises, spirituality respite care, finding resources and much, much more. I will be trying to post frequently and bring you information that you will find helpful, informative and empowering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment